This Policy may be updated or amended as and when required, at the sole discretion of EIG. Whenever there are changes to the Policy, we will publish the latest version of Policy on the Site.
ACCEPTANCE TO THE POLICY
You acknowledge and agree that:
- You hereby provide your free, expressed and informed consent to this Policy;
- You may at any time revoke the consent you have provided by writing to us here.
- It is your responsibility to review this Policy which may be updated or modified by EIG from time to time.
By continuing your use and access to this Site, you indicate your acceptance to this Policy including any changes that may be made from time to time.
When and What Kind of Personal Data Do We Collect?
“Personal Data” means any data or information about an individual who can be identified either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which EIG is likely to have access to. Personal Data excludes business contact information such as an individual’s business telephone number and business electronic mail address
EIG may collect, use and disclose the following data about you:
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in forms on any of the EIG’s websites and web-based programmes, social media channels, at our offices or our corporate outlets (“Channels”) when giving feedback, asking queries, requests and submissions;
- If and when you contact EIG, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- Details of your visits to our website or corporate outlets including, but not limited to, cookies, location data, weblogs and other communication data, that you access;
- When you fill up a customer data form or join any of EIG’s membership programmes at any EIG corporate salon, retail outlet, counter or pop-up store; If you enter into any contract with EIG or purchase any products from EIG;
- If you participate in any exhibition/event organised by EIG or where EIG is a participant.
- When you provide Personal Data by filling in forms for specific services
EIG may collect the following kinds of Personal Data through the different channels mentioned above.
- Any information about an individual, including but not limited to, your name, gender, ID/Passport/Work Permit numbers and copies, date of birth/age, address, contact number, photos, medical history and/or skin conditions (for specific services) and email address.
- Non-personally identifiable information which is generated while accessing EIG’s websites, including but not limited to, Internet Protocol address (IP-address), geolocation data, features of your device, website usage, and type of internet browser. We may use various technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, beacons and local shared objects in collecting the aforementioned information.
You acknowledge and understand that you may configure your internet browser to disallow technology such as cookies from collecting certain Information.
What purposes does EIG Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Data?
EIG may use the information we collect from you for any of the following purposes:
- To perform or carry out EIG’s obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (i.e. purchase and delivery of EIG’s products and services);
- To enable EIG’s subcontractors, third-party agents and service providers, to fulfil obligations as stipulated in your contract with EIG;
- To handle products and services requests and enquiries (including payments for products and services);
- To administer and update your records in our databases; monitoring and maintaining a copy of your record of previous transactions;
- To facilitate the delivery, maintenance and enhancement of EIG’s products, services, programmes, activities and events;
- To plan, monitor and enhance the provision of new products, services, projects, programmes, activities and events;
- To improve EIG’s customer service through your feedback and provide recommendations;
- To process your enquiries and any and all other ancillary administrative purposes;
- To send regular e-newsletters;
- To process, formulate, tabulate or evaluate contest information, promotion or other marketing activities;
- To process and review applications for employment and business proposals submitted through one of our channels,
- For communications, marketing and publicity purposes;
- For government, audit and other regulatory purposes;
- For security, surveillance and monitoring purposes;
- For internal reporting and/or accounting purposes;
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
By your submission of your Personal Data to us, you consent to the onward disclosure of your Personal Data to our agents or service providers and the processing of your Personal data by these agents or service providers. In the event any cross-border transfer or disclosure is required, we will take steps to ensure that the recipient organisation will take reasonable measures in the protection of your personal data.
Consent for the collection and use of my Personal Data
In this regard, please note that it is on your part to ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct at the time of submission. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with products and services you have requested.
EIG shall not be liable for any damage, claim and/or harm suffered by you as a result of your failure to update us of any change of your Personal Data.
If you are under 16 years of age, you may browse this Site. However, you may not provide personal information to us. This site is not designed for persons under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16.
Disclosure of Personal Data to third parties
EIG may disclose your Personal Data to any member within our group, which means our ultimate holding company, subsidiaries and affiliate companies.
EIG may use and disclose your Personal Data to perform your instructions and, as relevant, (a) comply with legislative and regulatory requirements; (b) protect or defend our property, services and legal rights; c) Prevent fraud against EOG and others; (d) take emergency measures for the purpose of securing the safety of customers, EIG or the general public.
Location and Transfer of Personal Data
EIG may collect and process your Personal Data in countries other than your country of residence or the country from which you provided EIG with your Personal Data. These other countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you reside or provided Personal Data. In addition, EIG may transfer the Personal Data to our affiliates, subsidiaries, and service providers in other countries for the aforementioned purposes. When transferring, EIG does so in accordance with applicable law.
For how long does EIG retain my Personal Data?
EIG will cease to retain Personal Data, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for collection of such personal data is no longer being served by such retention, and such retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
How does EIG protect your Personal Data?
The Personal Data that we hold about you will be stored on our servers. EIG implements appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your submitted information from unauthorised access, use, and disclosure. All electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured and stored on managed servers with controlled access and appropriate security technologies.
Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that all personal data will be so protected, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as fully secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures that we have in place to safeguard Personal Data will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be efficient or effective. EIG cannot be responsible for any unauthorised use or misuse of such information and from risks which are inherent in all internet communications.
Your Personal Data will only be disclosed for the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested and shall not be sold or disclosed to any other company for any other reason whatsoever without your consent.
Links to third party websites from EIG’s website
If you have any comments or inquiries pertaining to this Policy or would like exercise your rights, you may contact us through here for our assistance.
We may contact you through any contact information provided to us by you for the purposes of responding to your request, questions, or implementing anti-fraud mechanisms as and when required.
This Policy shall be governed, construed and enforced in accordance with the applicable laws of Malaysia.
EIG reserves the right to change this Policy with or without notice from time to time.